If you're not the one.♥
Profile

Photobucket

jingyuan.
18march1991
pisces<3
TPS;LYS;TP
TPSchoir;LYSGuzheng
FRIENDS FOREVER&EVER
C.F.J.S.W
&JNXY

Tag

Cbox/shoutmix/haloscan/


<110px, yep!

Links

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace

anna
bookeong
celeste
christy
genie
huifang
jesslyn
jess
jiaen
jovi
leemay
liying
liyun
nasihah
simin
wee
xinhui
wee's blogshop
4E1

Friday, May 15, 2015, 6:23 AM
A Wake Up Call

Glad to know that my old blogposts still exist! Reading some of those old posts makes me feel like I'm 18 again, when all i cared about was K-pop dramas and boy bands.

In a blink of an eye, 6 years past, and I'm already 24 years old. Was checking out my links to friend's blogs, and realised many moved on but there are still a handful who still blog. ;)



Somedays when I'm feeling down, I do wonder why some people can be so happy? How do they constantly put up a smile on their faces in such a negative world? What kind of jobs do they work for? Don't they feel stressed or tired? and many many more questions just keeps popping up.


People who smile amid adversities are really admirable.


Last week was a busy busy week for me. Got a phone call for a job opportunity and without any hesitation, I readily agreed to it.


So today is the day for the job interview, and it somehow acts as a timely wake up call for me. Hmm it's only when you get out of your self-absorbent world, will you get to see how the world really functions and you will get to understand how lucky are you, given so many opportunities and good colleagues around you.


It all boils down to gratitude. Being appreciative of the opportunities, the colleagues, the environment you have.


So yesterday, had the chance to interact with the youths from Japan Federation of Basic Industry Workers' Union (JBU), and I really love Japanese's passion and spirits. When it's time to work, they behave just the way they should. However, when it comes to play, all i can see is a huge bunch of crazy people! Another thing that made me speechless was their warmth, human touch.. comparing to Singaporean, we really really have a long way to go! 


Oh, and is it a Japanese culture to perform whenever they are invited to a function? (I see that in Soka and in JBU) All of them performed so well given that their profession are in the metal industry. Thumbs up to that! Their never-give-up spirits in convincing me to learn the dance steps were also remarkable, ended up, i threw away my reservations and join in the fun!

Once again, this episode made me ponder about many of things in life.
I believed that everything that happened has it's good and bad. It's up to individuals to choose what they want to see and experience. I'm truly grateful for everything that has happened to me. :)


Last but not least, just want to remind myself a quote from a senior leader: What's the difference between a Buddha and a human being?


A Buddha keeps striving and keeps winning!


No matter how tough the situation may be, I must keep striving and keep winning! And here sharing this happy song which the youths from JBU performed to, 恋するフォーチュンクッキー ! ^^